If you are an existing Whisperings artist...
and you already have music in rotation on Whisperings, email email@example.com for information on how and where to submit your new releases. We'll get your new music into rotation as soon as we are able.
For new artists not yet on Whisperings...
Due to the huge influx of new music that had been coming in, we are no longer accepting unsolicited submissions directly from artists. Instead, we now only accept material from that comes to us directly through our music partners and radio promoters. For example, here are three radio promoters we regularly receive materials from:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on their radio promotion services.
Visit the RS Promotions web site at http://www.rspromotionsus.com/ for information.
The Creative Service Company
Visit the Creative Service Company web site at www.thecreativeservicecompany.com for information.
If you would like to get your music to Whisperings: Solo Piano Radio for consideration, working with one of the above promotion companies is one way to get your music to us as well as other radio broadcasts and reviewers. PLEASE NOTE that using one of the promoters above in no way guarantees your music will be included on Whisperings. It simply guarantees consideration. Much of what we receive simply isn't a fit for us stylistically. If your music isn't a stylistic fit or isn't up to our quality standards, we will pass on it regardless of the fact that you paid a promoter. Be sure to read our submission guidelines below carefully...
Here's What We Are Looking For...
- Only solo piano work will be considered. If your album includes a small amount of additional instrumentation, that's fine as long the album is mostly solo piano. A good rule of thumb is... the more solo piano music your album contains, the more likely it is we'll use it. It's fair to say that if your CD isn't at least 70% solo piano, we'll probably pass on it for the broadcast. We must be able to promote your album as solo piano, and if we can't reasonably call your album "solo piano," we won't promote it.
- Only Peaceful, Relaxing Music Please.... The name of the broadcast is "Whisperings" and the tag line is "Music to Quiet Your World." So by its very definition, the style of music we play is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. If your album is full of thunderous, dynamic passages with lots of pounding and fireworks... we'll pass on it. That's not to say you can't have one or two more dynamic compositions on the album, but the album, in general, should be fairly representative of the name Whisperings.
- The album must contain your original piano compositions. Due to licensing restrictions, we cannot play cover tunes, only original music that YOU composed and own the copyright to. We do ocassionally also play public domain works (i.e. Christmas, Traditional and Classical tunes), but we will only include public domain works from an artist who already has original music on the broadcast (so no Christmas/Holiday/Hymn album submissions unless you are already a Whisperings artist). If your album contains two or three cover songs, but the rest of the album is original, we will still consider the album based on those original tracks. The less original music on the CD, the less likely it is we'll use it. Classical pianists... as our emphasis is on contemporary original composition, we are no longer accepting albums that are made up entirely of classical piano works.
- Your music must be available somewhere for purchase and/or streaming. If our visitors love your music, they'll want to purchase your CDs and/or downloads or stream more of your music via Spotify, Apple Music or elsewhere. We encourage listeners to do that and so, to that end, your music must be available somewhere for purchase, download and/or streaming. By default, we send "Buy" links to iTunes, Amazon.com or CDBaby.com, but we can direct listeners to your own web site, SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple or anywhere else you prefer.
- Your recording must SOUND professional. Just about anyone can record a "solo piano" album on their home keyboard these days. While we have nothing against keyboards, Whisperings radio features a rich acoustic piano sound. If your album was recorded on a digital piano, we'll still consider it, but just know that we do prefer a genuine acoustic piano sound and that we will pass on an album if it sounds too digital.
Reasons We Might Pass On Your Music...
- The album ISN'T solo piano. Orchestration or "sounds" are added throughout.
- The album doesn't fit our quiet, peaceful format. If you're pounding on the piano, we won't use it.
- The album isn't recorded professionally. It sounds like a home recording, the piano is out of tune, or it's a digital piano recording and really sounds like it.
- The music isn't melodic. Melody is a big thing for us. If the music rambles on without any real melodic structure, we'll pass.
- We are unable to find at least four tracks on the album that fit well within our format.
The License Agreement...
If, after reviewing your music, we decide to select your music for the broadcast, we will send you a license agreement to sign and submit. The agreement is very simple. By signing it...